Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Exquisite Corpse Face

Jette Kirkeby and I did an "Exquisite Corpse" face together where Jette painted on the left side of the canvas and then covered it up so I didn't know what she painted except for marks where I should paint the top and bottom of the head, the top and bottom of the nose and the top and bottom of the mouth.

While I was painting on my side, an eye appeared out of NOWHERE (or maybe SOMEWHERE!) so I had to go with it. Someone mentioned that my art is the subconscious of the women in Jette's paintings but I'm thinking that it might be the reverse! But regarding this piece, I like how it freed us both up to do some different and fun things and I like how they work together in an "Extreme Harmony!"

There was an actual unveiling of the results at our opening at Næstved Kunstforening. https://www.facebook.com/reel/1195030278548016








No comments: