Monday, October 7, 2024

Smeary Fairy & Running Deer

Around 10 years ago, a voice told me to hang cardboard with art and the town name together.  My artist name was "Smeary Fairy."  http://smearyfairy.blogspot.com  It was a fun time hanging in different towns and mailing them all over.  I would sometimes sell them for $40 and put a stamp on the back with the address and mail them as huge postcards.  It worked!  I also mailed to a few celebrities and rock stars I admire but I don't know if they ever saw them.  Now I'm "Running Deer" (my Indian Guides name) and I'm hanging acrylic-on-wood pieces.  I just hung 10 in Hamburg.  http://instagram.com/runningdeerspace While I appreciate a lot of graffiti I pass by, I've never felt the medium to be mine.  This sort of temporary public art that folks can grab if they wish is more my thing.  The Smeary Fairy cardboard was great for india ink and brush and I feel more comfortable with just the black but these wood pieces will last through wet weather and will last longer in general.  I might return to the cardboard at some point but the wood is good for now.  And messing around with colors can't be so bad!  Enjoy if you follow the hangs!
















No comments: